- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- ICAN/ACCA Required
- 4 years minimum experience as a senior accountant (a similar role in the industry is an added advantage)
- “Hands-On” SAGE Software experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – the ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
Strategy, Planning, and Management:
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations for both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Communicate, engage, and interact with the CEO, and Management Team.
- Prepare monthly management account and submit the account to the CEO for review and decision making
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and regulators
- Work with the finance, accounting, and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the CEO.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, And Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss accounts, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow reports.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain a monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Prepare a quarterly sales/ debtors reconciliation and submit the report to the CEO for review and decision making
- Ensure a budget is prepared and approved for every project before the project is implemented
- Prepare profitability evaluation/ analysis for every project to determine the expected profit from every project before the project is embarked upon
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration, and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for regulators, auditors, and the company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure an appropriate payroll system.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and control systems
- Serve as a critical point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Secure financial information by ensuring daily scanning of accounts documents (i.e. Invoices, payment vouchers, receipts); store on the legacy computer and also back it up on an external hard drive
- Banking of daily sales receipts within 24 hours of receipt
- Send Invoice for projects based on P.O once the client indicates readiness OR as soon as project reports are delivered to the client
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed asset register and ensure insurance premiums are paid as at when due annually
- Maintain excellent banking relationships and strategic alliances with business partners.
- Financial Relations and Policies
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local, regulatory laws/regulations regarding company operations.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION